MARIANNE VON WERTHER (1901 - 1984)Born in Brno, Czechoslovakia and studied in Vienna. She later moved to London in 1939 where she held her first one-man show at the Brod Gallery. In 1957 she was elected a member of the Royal Society of British Artists and she was awarded the de Laszlo medal in 1969. Alongside Karl Hagedorn, Lord Methuen and Denys Wells she contributed to the Pictures of London exhibition at the South London Gallery in 1970 and in 1977 she held a solo show of her watercolours and drawings of the streets and buildings of Rome, Vienna and London at the Österreichisches Museum, Vienna. She was a regular exhibitor at the Royal Academy, Royal Society of British Artists, New English Art Club and elsewhere. Works by her are held in the collections of the Albertine Art Gallery, Vienna, the Guildhall Art Gallery, London Museum and Royal West of England Academy.